Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Movies

Post by Rusty »

38 - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 7/10 - I thought it was a good adventure. Not quite at the same level as the earlier films, but still entertaining. If they are setting things up to continue the series with Shia, I don't think it will be the same, but It could be interesting.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

39 - Beowulf - 6/10 - I think this would have worked a bit better with live action mixed with cgi creatures rather than just all cgi. I kept thinking about Shrek during the early part of the picture. The movie itself was okay, but I didn't think it was anything really special.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I thought there was too much "Indiana's the greatest thing ever" in the film, other than that it was ok to me
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:6510:
40 - Jumper - 6.5/10 - I thought the movie was okay. It had a fair amount of action, but I thought the story could have been developed more. I've heard that the books are better, but haven't gotten around to reading them yet.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:5510:
41 - Semi-Pro - 5.5/10 - Jackie Moon is the owner/player for the Flint Tropics, just prior to the NBA/ABA merger. This movie had a few entertaining moments, but was not one of Will Ferrell's better efforts.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Did you see any actual scenes in Michigan?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

We went a watched wall-e and waned yesterday both were god but wanted was the better of the two
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Ali and I saw The Incredible Hulk last night. I really enjoyed the last movie, Ali did not. We both enjoyed this one quite a bit, though.

I hope that the version that the director and Norton wanted to put out gets released on DVD. I'd really like to see that version as well.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Did you see any actual scenes in Michigan?
There may have been some scenes in Flint, but I wasn't really looking and am not sure I'd recognize them anyway.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:510:
42 - AvP Requiem - 5/10 - Aliens wreak havoc in a small town as Predators try to track them down, while also inflicting damage. A pretty boring movie that did not engage my interest very much.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:7510:
43 - Wall-E - 7.5/10 - The last robot on Earth spends his time compacting trash into cubes and collecting objects until a visitor arrives. I enjoyed the movie for the most part, though I found it slightly boring at times. It was a good movie, but is my least favorite among the Pixar films. Still worth seeing, though.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I think about halfway into the movie its slow but picks up again about 3/4 of the way through.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:810:
44 - The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters - 8/10 - A look at Steve Wiebe's attempt to break Billy MItchell's world record at Donkey Kong. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, though it appears that there are a few inaccuracies in the movie. It seems that MItchell's record had already been broken in 2000 by another guy and again in 2003 by Wiebe himself. BIlly Mitchell sure comes off like an ass in the movie.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

mitchel has the record right now wiebe tried again a few months back but only had a few chances
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:6510:
45 - Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay - 6.5/10 - This movie starts just after the first movie ended and has Harold and Kumar hading to Amsterdam to find Maria, but getting sidetracked. There were a lot of funny parts and I think the movie is worth seeing, but I thought it was a lot more forced than the first movie. White Castle was a lot better.