Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Movies

Post by Rusty »

:510:
20 - Mr. Woodcock - 5/10 - A successful young author returns home to find that his mom is dating the gym teacher who tormented him in school. Kind of a dumb movie, but watchable. There was one point during the parade that made me laugh quite a bit, but the rest of the stuff seemed kind of forced.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:710:
21 - The Game Plan - 7/10 - The Rock stars as a pro quarterback who suddenly finds out he has an 8 year old daughter, right before the playoffs begin. This movie was a lot better than I expected. A good family movie that is funny and entertaining.

And so endeth movie night.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

If I watched 4 movies my eyes would hurt :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:7510:
22 - Wondrous Oblivion - 7.5/10 - A story about racism and cricket in the south end of London in 1960. David is a Jewish boy who loves cricket, but isn't any good at it until he gets lessons from the black family that moves in next door. I thought the movie was pretty good. Delroy Lindo was good as usual.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Just watched The Illusionist with Ed Norton. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I think that The Prestige which was out around the same time was a little better though.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Hella wrote:Just watched The Illusionist with Ed Norton. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I think that The Prestige which was out around the same time was a little better though.

I agree with you 100%. I gave The Illusionist a 7.5 and The Prestige an 8.5. Both were pretty good movies.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:6510:
23 - I Am Legend - 6.5/10 - Will Smith survives a virus outbreak and is perhaps the only human left in Manhattan. I enjoyed the movie, though I think it could have been much better.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Rusty wrote::6510:
23 - I Am Legend - 6.5/10 - Will Smith survives a virus outbreak and is perhaps the only human left in Manhattan. I enjoyed the movie, though I think it could have been much better.
Absolutely, I can't put my finger on how it could have been better but maybe the ending?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Did you watch the alternate ending?
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Ali and I saw Leatherheads tonight. It was really good, but it dragged a few times. It could have been cut down by another 10 or 15 minutes, I think.

It was old timey, which I liked, they took the style of the time and ran with it. I love Clooney in these types of roles.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Hella wrote:Ali and I saw Leatherheads tonight. It was really good, but it dragged a few times. It could have been cut down by another 10 or 15 minutes, I think.

It was old timey, which I liked, they took the style of the time and ran with it. I love Clooney in these types of roles.

I liked the preview for Leatherheads. It's a movie I'll probably watch when it comes out on dvd.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Just as long as Cloney isnt Batman anymore
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

24 - Eastern Promises - 7/10 - Viggo Mortenson as a Russian mafia driver/enforcer in London in a story with sex slaves, lots of violence, a diary and a baby girl. A good movie, but very slow.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

25 - Flight 29 Down: Hotel Tango Series Finale - 7/10 - A tv movie to close out the adventures of a group of kids stranded on an island after a plane crash. You kind of need to see the series to appreciate the movie, but it wasn't bad.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:910:
26 - No Country for Old Men - 9/10 - A drug deal gone bad, missing drug money, a violent killer and lots of violence in west Texas. A very good movie with excellent performances by Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin in particular.