my dsl keeps going offline

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Image

And check this out!
Dave posted this on the Viewaskew board.
He said that's not you in the background, it's Chris.
I am so f**ing jealous.
The last time I was in a real comic book store was in August.
We've changed the layout a bit since then. The counter at the end of the aisle was rotated 90 degrees so that it faces out like the rest of the counters. That section is now our mini adult section for mature readers books. The white display racks for comics that you see there are gone, replaced by a table with discount comics and we opened up the back section where the adult section was and moved all of our manga stuff there. It makes the place look much bigger, actually. Most of the adult section was wasted space anyway.

Chris is the one I work with on Saturdays when Dave usually comes by. I've been working there since i was 16, but was a customer at the store for 10 years before that.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
We've changed the layout a bit since then. The counter at the end of the aisle was rotated 90 degrees so that it faces out like the rest of the counters. That section is now our mini adult section for mature readers books. The white display racks for comics that you see there are gone, replaced by a table with discount comics and we opened up the back section where the adult section was and moved all of our manga stuff there. It makes the place look much bigger, actually. Most of the adult section was wasted space anyway.

Chris is the one I work with on Saturdays when Dave usually comes by. I've been working there since i was 16, but was a customer at the store for 10 years before that.
im going to bring my camera agian and get more pictures
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote: Hey Kurt have you been reading Secret War?
Or The Ultimates ?
What's your favorite books at the moment?
I don't read Secret War, but I do read Ultimates. It's okay, but not one of my favorites. I'm waiting to read Ultimates vol. 2 when they are all out. I read a ton of comics, but my favorites right now are probably the following:

Usagi Yojimbo
Ultimate Spiderman
Daredevil
Y The Last Man
Invincible
Amazing Spiderman
Neotopia
Shonen Jump

I have a complete run of Richie Rich and a near complete run of Archie. I also have tons of DCs and Marvels. A number of my students are amazed that I read more manga than they do. I really enjoy Vagabond, Banana Fish, Prince of Tennis, Whistle, Red River, Remote and other manga books.

Sometimes, I think I read too damn much
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

kurt culler wrote:
Or The Ultimates ?
I don't read Secret War, but I do read Ultimates. It's okay, but not one of my favorites. I'm waiting to read Ultimates vol. 2 when they are all out. I read a ton of comics, but my favorites right now are probably the following:

Usagi Yojimbo
Ultimate Spiderman
Daredevil
Y The Last Man
Invincible
Amazing Spiderman
Neotopia
Shonen Jump

I have a complete run of Richie Rich and a near complete run of Archie. I also have tons of DCs and Marvels. A number of my students are amazed that I read more manga than they do. I really enjoy Vagabond, Banana Fish, Prince of Tennis, Whistle, Red River, Remote and other manga books.

wat about flash and hulk man
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote:

awesome im looking forward to seeing them...this looks like a great shop!

im going to bring my camera agian and get more pictures
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

azianboi044 wrote: wat about flash and hulk man
I like the Flash and put it in my second tier of favorites along with the Superman titles, Batman titles, Firestorm, Legion of Super Heroes, Green Lantern, Ultimate XMen, Powers, Strangers In Paradise and many more. I stopped reading the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and many other Marvels years ago because I wasn't enjoying them. I did like most of Peter David's run on the Hulk back in the late 80s. That was cool.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
Or The Ultimates ?

Usagi Yojimbo
Ultimate Spiderman
Daredevil
Y The Last Man
Invincible
Amazing Spiderman
Neotopia
Shonen Jump

What's Usagi Yojimbo about?
I read Daredevil and Y The Last Man...I have silver age Amazing Spiderman but I don't read the current one, maybe I should start.

What's Invincible about?

I don't think it's possible to read too much. Just my 2 cents.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
Or The Ultimates ?

Usagi Yojimbo
Ultimate Spiderman
Daredevil
Y The Last Man
Invincible
Amazing Spiderman
Neotopia
Shonen Jump

I read Daredevil and Y The Last Man...I have silver age Amazing Spiderman but I don't read the current one, maybe I should start.

What's Invincible about?

crazy rabbit trix are for kids!

fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

OH Jeez it's a Samuri Rabbit and a ninja turtle!!! :oops:
Well that's certainly not Wolf and Cub!
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:

What's Invincible about?

Usagi Yojimbo is about a samurai rabbit in 16th century Japan, during the Tokugawa period. It has been running for 20 years from several different publishers and there are currently around 20 trade paperbacks which collect the entire series to date. The characters in the series are all anthropomorphic, but act like humans. It is a drama, but contains humor as well and is very well written and drawn. Usagi has also appeared in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons.

Invincible is about a teenage superhero whose father is the world's greatest superhero (sort of like Superman) when the series begins. There is a lot of humor in the book, but also adventure and a number of plot twists. It is written by Robert Kirkman who is currently one of my favorite writers.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote: Usagi Yojimbo is about a samurai rabbit in 16th century Japan, during the Tokugawa period. It has been running for 20 years from several different publishers and there are currently around 20 trade paperbacks which collect the entire series to date. The characters in the series are all anthropomorphic, but act like humans. It is a drama, but contains humor as well and is very well written and drawn. Usagi has also appeared in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons.

Invincible is about a teenage superhero whose father is the world's greatest superhero (sort of like Superman) when the series begins. There is a lot of humor in the book, but also adventure and a number of plot twists. It is written by Robert Kirkman who is currently one of my favorite writers.
Well I think I'll try some trades of Usagi and check out Invincible.
I can't thank you enough for the information.
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

opps i dont think my last post posted... so anyway i cant wait to see more pics of the stare dave... and all this talk about comics makes me feel like i missed out on life because i have never read one :roll: its to late to start now i have so much on my plate as is :shock:
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

jennifer stambersky wrote:opps i dont think my last post posted... so anyway i cant wait to see more pics of the stare dave... and all this talk about comics makes me feel like i missed out on life because i have never read one :roll: its to late to start now i have so much on my plate as is :shock:
i've never read one either, but t.v.'s good as a comic :D
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

jennifer stambersky wrote:opps i dont think my last post posted... so anyway i cant wait to see more pics of the stare dave... and all this talk about comics makes me feel like i missed out on life because i have never read one :roll: its to late to start now i have so much on my plate as is :shock:
I'd say that it's never too late to start. If you read books at all, a trade paperback wouldn't be much different. It would probably even be quicker to read. There are many different types of comics available, more than just superhero stuff. A comic like Strangers In Paradise, Bone, Y the Last Man, or Fables might be a good entry point for a new reader. It just depends on where your interests lie in terms of reading material.

Kurt
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
I'd say that it's never too late to start. If you read books at all, a trade paperback wouldn't be much different. It would probably even be quicker to read. There are many different types of comics available, more than just superhero stuff. A comic like Strangers In Paradise, Bone, Y the Last Man, or Fables might be a good entry point for a new reader. It just depends on where your interests lie in terms of reading material.

Kurt
maybe ill pick up a few for them, maybe we....i mean i :( can add a a shop to earn comics?