hows your day going ?

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: hows your day going ?

Post by Rusty »

I'm watching stuff in HD, which I'm guessing is either 720p or 1080p. That doesn't count toward my cap, though, unless I am using Netflix or some of the On Demand content. I haven't had any problems since reattaching the cable modem a week ago. I haven't fired the router up yet, but will monitor it when I do. I'll change the password and see what happens. I'll have to check the security settings, though I think I was using WPA2.

So far after 6 days in June, I've used 12 GB. Some of that was from an audiobook that I downloaded. Whenever I download books from Audible, they are usually over 1 GB each.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Not sure if your router has the ability to see what traffic is going where, some do, you could also limit the dhcp to know MAC addresses?

youtube can sometimes be streaming in 4k if you dont watch out (on my computer it wants to sometimes)
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

My router has something which supposedly shows devices that are connected or have been connected to it. It showed my Macbook even though it wasn't currently connected, but did not show my IPhone. It didn't show any other devices. I changed the password and will hope for the best. It is using WPA2 security. I don't really go to youtube very often and I don't think I've seen anything there in 4K.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Does it show the mac address? compare it with your laptop and your phone. wpa isnt that great either depending on if its tkip or aes wpa2/tkip was cracked I think. wpa2/aes is still ok but I cant rem if macs do aes?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I haven't checked about the MAC address yet, but I haven't had any problems with usage this month.

Today was the last day of school and thinks went rather well. I had a few students who did makeup work to raise their grades a bit, but the rest just watched a movie that I put on in each class:

4th hour - Looney Tunes Back in Action
5th hour - The Secret Life of Pets
6th hour - Zootopia

All of these were available on Netflix and were easy to stream. I'll probably finish watching them at home even though I've seen them all before at some point. At least I think I've seen the Looney Tunes movie.

I checked out for the school year around 11:30 and then a group of us had 1:30 tee times for a golf outing.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Did you become a films class for a day?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Pretty much. It kept them mostly quiet and out of trouble.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I'm in Quebec City right now while on vacation. There are certainly a lot of hills and steps here. I've walked 20,000 steps and climbed the equivalent of 59 floors today. It was a lot of fun walking about the city, though, and viewing the Montmorency Falls which are taller than Niagara, though not as wide.

I spent the last two days in Ottawa and am heading to Albany, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Columbus before heading home. So far so good.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

How was the trip?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The trip was fun. I went to see Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell among other sights in Philadelphia. I went to a Pirates/Tigers game while in Pittsburgh. I also found time to visit a bunch of comic stores along the way and crossed a lot of comics off of my want list. I'm going to the Chicago Comic Con next week from Thursday-Sunday and am going to a Tigers/White Sox game while in Chicago.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Do you ever get any mean looks if your wearing tigers stuff when you go to another stadium?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Nope. People were cool with it. There were actually a lot of Tigers fans at the game in Pittsburgh and I imagine that there will be a few in Chicago as well.

I'm heading to Chicago Thursday morning for the comic convention. It should be a lot of fun. We finished up our softball season yesterday in 2nd place. We went 4-2 in the playoffs, losing twice to the first place team who won the championship.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The Chicago show was fun and I enjoyed going to see the Tigers game Saturday night - the only game they won in the series. I was finished with the show a bit earlier than normal due to starting on Thursday so we headed back around 2pm and got home at 8:30. It was nice to be home at a decent hour for a change. I'm back at school Tuesday-Thursday for professional development and teacher work days.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Congrats on 2nd place! this week has been pretty bad since school is starting back up
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The school year is moving along at a pretty good pace. There have been good things and bad things about the year so far.

One of the good things is that my service credit as a teacher just rolled over the 30 year mark (including the 5 years that I purchased), so I am now eligible to retire. I plan to retire next June and while that is still a ways away, the end is in sight.