hows your day going ?

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Our inservice at school today wasn't as bad as I was expecting. We are looking at SCoPE, which is a curriculum developed in Oakland County that is alignedto the state curriculum. Unfortunately, the mathematics portion is nowhere near completion, so we weren't able to do much with it. The social studies and english portions are much more advanced. I ended up having free time to check papers and get organized for the new card marking as a result.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I just moped around and killed people in UK2003
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I PMed Chris, apparently hes just going to ignore the board :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I got an email from him that he'll have the A-Team season 5 ready for me to borrow this weekend. I realized after I replied that I should have asked him about posting on the board. Maybe he'll post this weekend since he's only working Wednesday, saturday and Sunday and he probably doesn't get a chance on Wednesday.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I still havent heard from Chris :x
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

I had a good week so far. I went to my husband's Christmas party, flew to LA, played poker with Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes, flew back home, and went back to work today.

I'ma tired little girl.
Lenorene
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Starfire wrote:I had a good week so far. I went to my husband's Christmas party, flew to LA, played poker with Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes, flew back home, and went back to work today.

I'ma tired little girl.
Boy are your arms tired form all that flying, huh? :P

I bet playing poker with Smith and Mewes was fun. Was it at a hotel or somebody's house or another venue?

I've got a half day tomorrow and then am off until Monday. Thanksgiving week is usually fun because it's such a short week.
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

Rusty wrote:Boy are your arms tired form all that flying, huh? :P
Yeah, that's the ticket!

It was at another venue. Prolly not allowed to say where - he'll fed ex me his leaky weiner dog :P

Have an excellent Thanksgiving!

PS - You Americans are so silly - having your Thanksgiving turkey so close to Christmas turkey. You need to switch over to October with us. It gives you time to digest in between turkeys.
Lenorene
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Starfire wrote: PS - You Americans are so silly - having your Thanksgiving turkey so close to Christmas turkey. You need to switch over to October with us. It gives you time to digest in between turkeys.
Naw, we're too busy celebrating Columbus Day when you Canadians are having your Thanksgiving. In Detroit, we see Thanksgiving as a day to give thanks, stuff ourselves silly, and watch the Lions lose on national television.

Anyway, my family usually goes for ham at Christmas, though we sometimes have turkey also.

As a teacher, that first big stretch from September-Thanksgiving is the longest period without a break. We now have a month until Christmas, 6 weeks after that till midwinter break, 6 more weeks or so till Easter and then a 2 month stretch to finish things up.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

That would totally screw up black Friday...
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

School was nice and short today. A group of us went out to a bar for lunch afterwards (I had a diet pop). After I got home, I got a call from my mom about my dog, Gunnar. He was at my parent's house the last few days so they could take him in to be groomed. He was having some trouble breathing and standing so the groomer took him to the vet. His temperature was only 96 instead of 101 and his heart rate and blood pressure were both very low.

Unfortunately, it was time to let him go and we had him put to sleep. They gave him an injection and he was gone in a few seconds. He went very peacefully. It was tough and I will miss him a lot, but I didn't want to see him suffer. He was diagnosed a year ago with a tumor that was growing inside of him and it had grown pretty large. The vet only gave him 2-3 months to live, but he made it over a year. Most of that time was of a good quality as well. It was only the last couple of weeks where he had a sharp decline. He beat the odds by making it as long as he did.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Oh man , that 's a shame about Gunnar and I'm sure you'll miss him terribly.
My mom always said that the worst part about having animals was when they went.

My day has been insane with lot's of phone calls to the states but in the end it all got worked out. ( Banking stuff, storage companies..blah blah blah)
It's colder than a witches tit here and I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow with some American friends.

Starfire, traditionally it's turkey for Thanksgiving and Ham for Christmas but now just about anything goes for Christmas.
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

I'm so sorry you lost your dog. I can't even think about losing one of my pets without getting choked up. I'm glad you got to spend so much extra time with him after he was diagnosed.

Ham for Christmas? I thought Christmas turkey was universal. I learned something new today.
Lenorene
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Im sorry to hear man :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Thanks, everyone. I'm sure I'll find myself thinking of him for quite a while. I'm thinking I might get a puppy next summer. That won't replace Gunnar, but it might help.